Starting in Transitional Kindergarten and continuing through 8th grade, Triangle Day School offers opportunities for students to take on leadership roles. Research supports that students who lead tend to grow into independent, self-assured, and confident people. They are more apt to take appropriate risks, seek out challenges, and self-advocate. Triangle Day School strives to support, encourage, and mold such students.
- Student Council representatives are elected yearly and serve in 3rd – 8th grade.
- Student Council Officers are elected yearly and serve in grades 5th – 8th grade.
- Monthly all-school assemblies and weekly divisional meetings are student-run.
- 5th graders and 8th graders greet families and open car doors in the mornings.
- Lower School students, beginning in Transitional Kindergarten, have weekly jobs:
- Line Leader, Materials Helper, Milk Person, Lunch Helper, etc.
- Athletic teams have student captains and student managers.
- Students act as ambassadors for TDS and lead tours for prospective families.
- Middle School students lead activities in Lower School classes during “Crossroads” events.
- Middle School students run the recycling and composting program at TDS.
- Middle School students supervise Lower School students during our daily morning Walking Club.
- 7th and 8th graders plan, create, and edit the yearbook, one of several elective offerings.